argus command-line parameter handling

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Jun 14 16:36:03 EDT 2002

Hey Chris,
   How bout we do a better job with the user supplied
parameters overriding default behavior?  If you specify
an interface, we should use it (or its) instead.
One of the design goals of the current strategy was to
support a system wide configuration that could be overridden
by a user specified file.  /etc/argus.conf holds the default.
This was suggested many years ago, since few people
(or computers) remember to use "-F /etc/argus.conf" to get
system default parameters.

   Would this help?

Carter