Reducing argus-2.x log files for archiving

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jan 29 20:57:54 EST 2002

Hey Russell,
   The question is what do you want to preserve.
Simple 1.8 info is pretty dense, and we can do a
bit better if we've already gone through aggregation.

   The easiest way to do this is to create a tool that
controls what TLV's to keep in a record.  That will get
you closer to 1.8, and then if needed we could create
some new ones that are still more dense.

   Is this reasonable?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022