hole in the argus archive on theorygroup.org

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 28 11:20:27 EST 2002

	For at least me, it wasn't only the archive that missed these. I
don't find any of the three posted so far in my mail file either (and I'm
quite interested because dark fibre and a GigE link are in my and more
importantly in my argus's short term future. Did others on the list see these
or was there a black hole for a while?
	While I'm here a suggestion I came across elsewhere: the Linux channel
bonding code from George Becker works with GigE cards and can combine two
GigE outputs in to a single logical device for feeding to things (such as
for instance argus). In combination with the "Turbo" zero copy packet capture
code in Linux this may be interesting.
	Which operating system is the CMU argus running on (I don't see it in
the interesting list of machines I should be considering buying :-))?

> There aren't any posts recorded in the archive between 2/8-2/13..  Was
> there a problem in there?  I know there were a few posts, especially
> some responses to Russell's "Giving a talk on Argus" query - including
> the one fairly extensive post detailing some of our configuration work
> at CMU..
>
> Carter, do you have a copy that perhaps can be reposted on the archive?
> Mark.

<snip of interesting post>