multiple argus config files

Russell Fulton R.FULTON at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Feb 17 21:37:36 EST 2002

Hi,
   I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature ;-)

I had been running argus and having it find a config file on it's own.
A few days ago I changed this to put an explicit -F on the command line
and at the same time I also changed the name of the file argus was to
write to.  I noticed that the amount of data the backup process reported
started to steadily increase day by day and when I investigated I found
that there was a very large file in the logging directory with the name
that I had been using for the current log file.  This file always had
the same timestamp as the current log file.  I checked that there was
only the one argus parent process running but noted that there seemed to
be an extra output process.

What I think is happening is that although I  am explicitly supplying a
config file on the command line argus is also doing its own search for a
config file and if it finds one it then processes it and will log  to
any files it finds in any config file.