Linux ATM support

Saulo Vaz de Vasconcellos vaz at gta.ufrj.br
Mon Dec 16 14:06:04 EST 2002

Hi,

Here at our lab we are developing a testbed and qe would like to employ
the Argus to performance analysis. Unfortunaly wue are having some trouble:

One link we want to monitor is an ATM link. We are running RedHat 7.3
linux with ATM support. The argus version is argus-2.0-5.

Whenever I choose the ARGUS_INTERFACE=atm0 option in the /etc/argus.conf
the deamon dies and I couldn't even stop the service. The process dies and
the service script cannot erase the lock file, so I must delete it myself.

When I try the other interfaces (3 eth's) the deamon works well.

Any clue? the Argus works fine with linux ATM?

Best regards,

--
	Saulo Vaz de Vasconcellos, MSc.

	Research - GTA/COPPE - Brazil