Argus logfile consistency checker?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Aug 5 06:50:24 EDT 2002

Hey Andrew,
   You can save the file up to the error record by just
running ra:

   ra -r bad.file -w newfile

but we don't have anything for getting the rest of the
file.  If your file isn't too large ( < 100M) , I can
give recovery a try.  We haven't had that many corrupt
files to push for any recovery strategies, but it
shouldn't be that hard to do.

Any idea how the file got corrupted?  So far, 90%
of all corrupt files have been two argi writing to
the same file, which is not a good thing to do.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street
Suite 18K
New York, New York 10022