fragments in 2.0.5?

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Apr 23 07:16:29 EDT 2002

Hey Russell,
   After I get 2.0.5 released, which should be this week,
I'll finalize the new argus-clients distribution.  I have
rastrip() already finished, which I believe gets you
closer to your goal.  The only thing I need to add is
2.0 -> 1.8 conversion.

   Rastrip() basically allows you strip out any DSR
(data specific record) from an argus record.  You can
get rid of it all, leaving just the timestamps if you
want.  The default is to leave the far, which holds
the flow descriptions, and the extended TCP record,
which has the state, flags, seq numbers, etc.....
This usually gives you about 60% reduction in size,
but with 2.0 -> 1.8 conversion, you'd get another
30-40%.

   I'll try to have argus-clients-2.0.5.beta.1 out
for testing by the end of next week.

Hope all is well,

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K