racount and src/dst byte counts

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Sep 25 16:01:46 EDT 2001

Hey Seshandri,
   That's the only place where there are public header
traces, that I'm aware of.  Its not bad data, in the
sense that they represent average Internet transaction
mixes, transaction times, etc...  Loss rates are a bit
lower than the commercial Internet, but for the most
part is not a bad sample.  The only problem I've
had with the data, is that the ICMP data is not intact,
so availability measurements, routing problem detection,
etc .... could be better.

   I don't think CAIDA has any better data, but that
may be a place to go?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022