argus-2.0.4.beta.3 on NetBSD is fine too.

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Nov 15 12:30:54 EST 2001

	After building gettext, libtool, and bison on NetBSD (which I guess
I should write up in case some other poor sucker needs to do this :-)),
argus-2.0.4.beta.3.tar compiles (with the usual empty declaration complaint)
and runs fine on NetBSD 1.5 as well. At some point (maybe even soon :-)) I'll
refresh both OpenBSD and NetBSD to current versions.
	By the way the security issue of login: is now out. I'll see if I can
talk the Login: folks out of a copy of the PDF file for my article (I'm not
sure that it is split outable), and check and make sure they don't mind a
version being posted (I have the original text version before formatting) since
I assume Carter would like a copy for the web site. Argus gets two mentions,
someone from CERT is also using it (along with most other things :-)) to
monitor the net (although the reference is to 1.8).