argus-2.0.4.beta.2 testing

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Nov 9 11:33:10 EST 2001

Hey Peter,
   We've stated since 2.0 that bison was a requirement
for argus installation.  It's a bug that the 2.0.2
configure didn't enforce that.  There was an issue with
filter collisions, since argus and libpcap have independent
filter compilers.  Since 2.0.3, we are forking a process
to create the filter, and so that requirement may
have gone away.   Still, INSTALL does say that
you have to have bison.

   Is this a big problem?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K