argus-2.0.4.beta.2 testing

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Nov 9 11:18:45 EST 2001

> Gentle people,
>    We've got a few new issues out, LFS (largefile support)

	On this one I had a chat with Martin about his post. His suggestion
is look for a 2.4 kernel and if present assume LFS support, if not (which isn't
always true there is a Redhat mod for 2.2 apparantly) assume no support.
	As to testing, I just tried  argus-2.0.4.beta.3 (seconds after you
put it up :-)) on FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE and get a complaint about bison:

argus-2.0.2.redux

checking for bison... no
configure: warning: don't have both flex and bison; reverting to lex/yacc
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib

argus-2.0.4.beta.3

checking for flex... flex
checking for flex 2.4 or higher... yes
checking for bison... no
configure: error: bison not found. see the INSTALL for more info

	If bison really is a requirement I can do an install from ports, but
it would be nicer if the built in yacc could be used so it isn't required.
I'll try and get to OpenBSD and NetBSD sometime later today.