argusarchive.

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 1 14:25:55 EST 2001

> If the output file is gone, we will close it, and
> reestablish the output file, swap the file
> descriptors and be on our way, but there must be
> something nefarious going on.  With the stack looking
> corrupted, we may have lost a pointer or an index
> number, so ....  let me take a look around.

I just thought of something else which may be a contributing factor, but
shouldn't be -- the filesystem is XFS.

Not sure if that will weigh in your considerations, but it seems
possible that there could be an interaction between the journalling and
other features of XFS as implemented on Linux, and what's going on.

However, this is not the first Linux/XFS system I've run Argus on, so
this may mean nothing.