Some errors today...

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Wed May 30 22:18:28 EDT 2001

Hey Chris,

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
[mailto:owner-argus-info at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of Chris Newton
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 9:42 PM

[snip]

>   You are running argus with the "-d" option
>which puts it in daemon mode, so this doesn't jive
>with what you are saying you are trying to accomplish.

  Hmm, no?  I would have thought that if you wanted argus to run as a
server,
connected to a port, that you'd want it to run in the background?

[snip]

-----End Original Message-----

The "-d" option for Argus causes the top most process
to exit, after it spawns a child process.  You stated
that you had script that simply restarted argus if and
when it ever returned.  The "-d" option would break
this strategy.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022