Some errors today...

Chris Newton newton at unb.ca
Wed May 30 21:42:02 EDT 2001

>===== Original Message From "Carter Bullard" <carter at qosient.com> =====
>Just a note,
>   With ra(), if you are writing output to a file with
>the "-w argus.out" option, you don't need the "-d 100"
>option.  It doesn't do anything.

  Ahh, ok, I didn't realize this.  Thanks, fixed that in my startup script.

>   You are running argus with the "-d" option
>which puts it in daemon mode, so this doesn't jive
>with what you are saying you are trying to accomplish.

  Hmm, no?  I would have thought that if you wanted argus to run as a server,
connected to a port, that you'd want it to run in the background?

>   So what are in the argus.conf and rarc files?
>They are probably much more important that the command
>line options.

  Attached are the argus, and rarc conf files.

>   To compile with the "-g" option, touch .devel in the
>root directory.

  Ahh, thanks Carter, forgot that... though, on reflection.. it was/is likely
mentionned somewhere in the compile documents for Argus ;)

Thanks

chris

Chris Newton, Systems Analyst
Computing Services, University of New Brunswick
newton at unb.ca 506-447-3212(voice) 506-453-3590(fax)