ragator config problems

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sun May 20 21:37:51 EDT 2001

I orginally sent this a few days ago but mangled the list address and
failed to see the bounce message. Before I realised this I went to
check the archives at The Theory Group to see if there were any
must have gone wrong when I did not get any response) and found that
the archive does not appear to have been updated since March.

Anyway here is the orginal message...

Any idea what is wrong with this ragator config file ?:

#label   id    SrcCIDRAddr        DstCIDRAddr         Proto  SrcPort
DstPort   ModelList  Duration
Flow     100   130.216.0.0:16           *             tcp      *
www        210        10000000

# label  id      SrcAddrMask     DstAddrMask      Proto  SrcPort
DstPort

Model    210   255.255.0.0  255.255.255.255    yes      no      yes

bash-2.04$ bin/ra -w - -r data/current - src net 130.216 and dst port
80 | bin/ragator -F test-gator
ragator[83951]: ArgusParseResourceFile (test-gator) syntax error line 2

I hate yacc based parsers that simply print "syntax error"  ;-)

What I am trying to do is aggregate all traffic for each web server
that our users talk to.  (our management are convinced that our users
spend all their time at porn sites, I have to refute this idiocy,
sigh...)