Argus Release Status

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Fri Mar 9 11:38:49 EST 2001

Gentle People,
   We are testing a fix for a "fragment with user data capture"
problem, and if we have a fix, it will be a go for official
release today.  That just means we take the beta off the code,
we put a copy at CMU and I don't release another version for
at least 6 weeks :o)

   So with this time, I have added argus support for MOAT Time
Sequence Header packet capture files.  This should allow us
to use Argus to analyze data from the NLANR passive measurement
project. Although they only capture 40 bytes of IP packet headers,
we can at least do all of our TCP metrics, but RTP analysis
is out, and the icmp packet mapping is also not going to work.

   Although we get our TCP metrics, ECN notification support
may not work, which is a bummer, as I was hoping to find a
source of ECN traffic.

   But we now can read TSH formatted packet files.  This does
not impact any Argus logic, so it doesn't need any real testing.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com