argus test web site

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Mar 1 08:08:40 EST 2001

Thanks Yotam,
All of these are very nice suggestions, yes a
logo may be a necessity, but I'm also wrestling with
the name.  Argus has been adopted by a number of
projects, there is actually an Argus-2.0 already
being used in the computer graphics area, however
they started using Argus only 2-3 years ago, so
no yielding there.  There is a company called
Argus Software that is now in the security
business, so the name is also something to
consider.

My vote on a logo would an "Eye of Ra" style
icon.

I have not heard of freshmeat, but I did ask
the list about 4-6 months ago about SourceForge,
and didn't get an enthusiastic response.  Basic
reaction was, its nice but very slow.

OK, an examples section.  I was hoping to turn the
HOW-TO section into that.

For bugs, I am going to convert the argusbug() program
into a form.  I had a link called "bugs", but changed
it to "wish list" just yesterday, since I wasn't
going to have the "bugs" form ready for Friday.

A GNATS server?  I'm wondering if I can run GNATS
on my shared web server.  If it will need to be a
system daemon, then it will have to wait until I've
got a dedicated server in a few months.  The remote
CVS will have to wait for that as well.

Carter