Fixed one bug, got some more for ya though :)

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 14 11:15:32 EDT 2001

Hey Chris,
One value for you to play with is ARGUS_MAXWRITENUM in
ArgusUtil.c.  This is the maximum number of records
that we will write out to the socket on each pass.  For
some situations we only process 10 passes a second, and
so increasing this number to say 1024, or 2048 may be
more than appropriate.  Now, large numbers here will
get in the way of argus getting back to process packets,
so you don't want to go toooo high here.

ARGUS_LISTREPORTLEN is just the number in the queue
that will trigger syslog events saying that you're queues
are getting a bit full.  The ARGUS_LISTREPORTTIME is just
how frequently are you going to get messages once the
queue has gotten over the limit.  Current we send out
syslog messages every 30 seconds.

So when these messages are being printed, there are
currently 10,000 argus records queue'd to be written
out to, say the file, or the remote socket.  That's not
a huge number, as in some situations, argus can generate
10,000 records a second.  We don't give up on the
queue until about 200,000 records, so 10K is a bit low
for a warning condition.

Carter