Fixed one bug, got some more for ya though :)

Chris Newton newton at unb.ca
Thu Jun 14 11:07:49 EDT 2001

>One thing you can do is to increase the values of the thresholds.
>If you double the value for ARGUS_MAXERROR in ArgusUtil.c,
>that will help a bit.  Also raising the watermark for printing
>out when queues are getting big will help, so increase
>the value of ARGUS_LISTREPORTLEN to something like 50,000.
>This is also in ArgusUtil.c.

  So, what does ARGUS_LISTREPORTLEN actually control?  The number of flows to
burst out at a time?

  I also notice a ARGUS_LISTREPORTTIME set to 30, is this a delay setting?
Reason I'm asking is it _seems_ to me, that during these times of issue on our
net, argus gets bunged up a bit because it isn't dumping records out as fast
as it could be.

  What values control this?  I'd be willing to try various values here... so
that I can find some 'best middle ground', between letting the collector and
stats parts of argus do it's job, and the 'dumper' push records out as fast as
possible.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Newton, Systems Analyst
Computing Services, University of New Brunswick
newton at unb.ca 506-447-3212(voice) 506-453-3590(fax)

"The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas."
Linus Pauling (1901 - 1994) US chemist