argus to tcpdump conversion

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jun 14 10:01:49 EDT 2001

Scott,
   Seems like the list is back.  Hmmm, well this is something
that has come up with snort/argus integration, and it is not
a crazy idea, but its not trivial.  You are suggesting that
we take argus data and convert it back to packet data.  I was
thinking that that would be the way to drive Peter's tcpreplay()
tools.

There is no support for doing this today.  The way to do this
is with a new ra* client, not with argus itself.  Take an
argus flow record, and generate the potential packet stream,
trying to do well with data sizes, sequence numbers, and the
like, possibly even generating a real TCP session out of a
single argus record.  Is this what you're thinking about.

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com