Stability problems.

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 7 12:49:26 EDT 2001

	Yes, our beowolf maintainer has achieved ~290+ megabits per sec on
three bonded 3c905b cards and Linux (but possibly with large packets) so this
sounds strange to me too. That burned an entire CPU, so you need an SMP
machine to get useful work out of it mind you. He is in the process of setting
up a 100 node cluster like this (dual CPUs 3 bonded inter CPU links) so I
guess we will see what happens as we scale up.
	Tcpreplay will play back any tcpdump file, so if you have a capture of
a ddos attack (or have the tools and can generate one on a test net) then sure
it will do so. We recently had our first one from here so I have an argus 1.8.1
log of what one looks like as well.