Hi

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 4 11:30:02 EDT 2001

	You also want to patch your kernel with the bpf fix in FreeBSD PR
kern/22063 (also available on qosient.com somewhere I believe) otherwise
the kernel will quietly lose packets in partially filled buffers. The fix
still isn't in in 4.3-RELEASE. For security (and safety) the Shomiti
Century tap will isolate the TX lines of your monitor ports so even if the
interface does respond to something it won't get back to the switch.
	You probably also want to boost the bpf buffer size to 32K (the
max) in bpf.c while applying the patch (I don't believe that change is in the
patch).