RTCP packet bug

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Jan 18 16:08:58 EST 2001

Hey Guys,
   To make a statement about the bug that William found.
His bug is in the RTCP (Realtime Transport Control Protocol)
discovery code.  Very few sites have RTCP packets flying
around, so very few sites will see this problem with the
existing code.  "R" will have a fix for this, and its coming
out tonight or tomorrow.

   But because William's using this on a gig-ether link,
we aren't going to get any useful packet dumps for this one.
So if anyone has access to any RTP and RTCP packets, (IP Telephony
or possilby some Real Audio implementations) or has a
tcpdump capture file with some of these packets in it,
that would be great. (i've got RTP but no RTCP packets).

Thanks,

Carter