Argus-2.0 status

Neil Long neil.long at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:57:33 EST 2001

> "Carter Bullard" <carter at qosient.com> writes:
> :
> :    I have not received any stability problem reports with
> : release 'Q'.  Has anyone seen any crashes of argus or
> : mysterious core files with Q?
>
> Just tried it.  Solaris 2.6, vanilla "./configure; make".  It gives
> bus error pretty quickly.  Here's the backtrace (I added -g and
> recompiled for the exact position of the error):

Just to add a datum - Solaris 8, Ultra-5 ./configure;make and argus is
running so far - almost no traffic on the test box but I will put it on a
loaded link tomorrow (rebuilt for 7). I have no .*rc files defining anything
to do with argus or ra.

Hopefully not a showstopper at this late stage.

regards
Neil