RPM issues.

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Mon Feb 19 11:57:48 EST 2001

Hey Yotam,
   Thanks for the comments.  We've discussed splitting the release
into two packages on the mailing list, but the consensus was to
keep the release as it is now, and possibly split it later.

   I personally have never heard of the FHS.  I found a copy
at www.pathname.com and took a look.  Is FHS a real standard?  Has
Sun or Dec or SGI adopted FHS?  All the Solaris machines I have
access to have 40-50 directories in /usr.  Thats quite a bit more
than the FHS, and my RH 7.0 with MIT kerberos installed has a
/usr/kerberos, which wasn't in the FHS either.

   The file recommendations are reasonable, but I'm not sure
about the argus output file and archive.  /var seems reasonable
for the output file, but I'm not sure that its the place to put
the archive.  If we can come to consensus regarding the archive,
then I'll feel good about making the changes.

   Does the FHS have any guidance on this other than /opt?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com