802.1q and argus.

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 16 15:59:43 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm curious as to what sort of experience folks are having with using
argus on network devices that are vlan/802.1q intensive in traffic.  I
know that there is code in FreeBSD (and presumably other BSD's) to be a
vlan router, but I've not yet come across any tools which will actually
allow you to pay attention to specific (or all) 802.1q traffic observed.

With the rapid proliferation of vlan technology appearing, I can imagine
that it would be a useful ability, but perhaps theere are other ways of
adressing traffic analysis on such segments...

Thanks for any views/opinions.

Scott