argus-2.0.0.beta.5 available

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Feb 15 14:16:35 EST 2001

Gentle people,
   Argus-2.0 beta.5 is now available.  This has an update
to hostpairs in the ./contrib directory, a change to argus(),
relating to shutting down argus and signal processing, and
a number of changes to argus clients, especially ragator(),
ramon(), rapath() and raxml().

ftp://qosient.com/pub/argus

   This will be the last update until the end of next week,
unless there is a dumping bug with argus() that needs fixing,
so if you were waiting for it to settle down, now's the time
to jump into the game!!!

   I do recommend that even during this beta period that
we keep argus data and clients at the same version level,
to avoid the problems that Clauss encountered between 3 and 4.
If you do find a version incompatibility, please do report it,
but I'd like to debug problems that are demonstrated
with beta.5 data and beta.5 clients, since our release
customers will hopefully only see these potential release
candidates.

   Also if you could use argusbug, to see if it is a reasonable
program for bug submission, that would be great!!!

   Onto web site development and still more documentation.

Thanks again for all the support and patience!!!!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com