argus server and client distribution packages

Chas DiFatta chas at freeworks.com
Wed Feb 7 12:57:58 EST 2001

argus server and client distribution packagesAt this point in the evolution
of Argus, it may be premature to split the
client and server distribution.  While I believe that it will need to be
done in the future, you my want to identify a set of "core" clients
that get packaged with the normal distribution.  Then start a
separate dist for new clients, both internally created and contributed
the same way a number of other packages do.  Granted, what is dubbed
the "core" client set may change over time, but the official Argus
distribution
should be packaged in a way to make it easy for anyone get started, so
folks can start solving their problems quickly.  Don't confuse them by
splitting up the distribution at this point.

Since you plan on stabilizing the server code now and don't foresee
much change in the near future, once it's stable then start parallel
distribution
for clients both contributed and internally developed that are different
from
the core set.

    ...cd