argus-2.0.2 is available from the dev download area

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Aug 27 10:59:46 EDT 2001

> Hey Peter,
>    Thanks for all the work!  I'll have to announce a
> re-release after I get all of your changes integrated,
> and then tested on Solaris.  Not a problem!
>
>    Should I release it as 2.0.3?

	I'd be inclined to do 2.0.2.1 there really isn't any change except
cosmetics but maybe thats too unwieldy and 2.0.3 would be easier.

>    Ahhhh, with regard to the patch, if you never turn
> argus off, then you won't have a problem ;o)

	I did think of that as a solution ... The next project is likely to
poke further at the patch(es). Someone I know pointed out an error and indicates
there is still a race condition present which may be why it hasn't been
integrated anywhere yet. I'll have to look more closely at the semantics of
the select call in the kernel and see.