Platforms?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Sep 25 13:38:42 EDT 2000

	Here is probably as good a place as any :-). How fast is the link
you want to monitor? I have a P2 450 / P3 600 both with 256 megs running
FreeBSD running on a 100 meg link without problems. I did some tests with
tcpreplay on a 386 33 meg machine (also running FreeBSD) and found it could
keep up with between 3 and 5 megs per second.
	If you prefer Solaris or Linux there are people running both on this
list who would probably be willing to share their experiences.