seg fault

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 22 01:01:09 EDT 2000

	Hmmm, it looks to be something in the data field not a short packet.
I ran tcpdump and argus until it seg faulted. I can get a loop/seg fault when
I cntrl-C from feeding the tcpdump file to argus_bpf. However running the
tcpdump file through tcpclean fixes it, the resulting file processes clean
with argus_bpf.
	That brings on a tcpclean option request: I can't find a way to select
records by time from tcpdump. It would be a useful thing to be able to specify
a tcpdump format start and end time stamp and have tcpclean output only the
tcpdump records between those times (in this case a straight copy with no
data field manipulation).
	I ran the new argus for a while on my Internet link (IP only unlike
the backbone which has a bit of everything) and it seems to run fine there
indicating the seg fault is one of the odder protocols probably.