argus-2.0.0r

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Oct 17 22:40:54 EDT 2000

Gentle people,
  The daily revision is on qosient.com.
ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.0r.tar.gz
Please download it and use it as a basis for your testing.
This version turns on all the timing statistics, which
right now are printed out raxml().  The other clients will
get in the act next week.

This is a somewhat elaborate jitter analysis, and its
geared more toward RTP VoIP traffic and TCP streaming media
flows.  If you have any VoIP traffic on your network, do
give this particular version a try.

I've improved the raxml output for TCP to print out most
of the flags and state variables that we store in argus
records.  Of particular note is that we now print out any
TCP options, such as SACK.  And there were some minor
changes, such as printing transaction duration.

The XML schema is not currently up to date.

I did fix a major bug in ragator() which limited the number
of flows it could hold, the hard ceiling is now just above
a 1,000,000 flows.

Several things we still need tested.  SLIP, PPP interface
support and Netflow Record reading directly from a Cisco
router have not been tested as of yet.

Thanks for all the hard work!!

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A