argus-2.0.0A

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Nov 16 16:47:23 EST 2000

Gentle people,
   Argus-2.0.0A is now available for testing. This argus
has a very large number of changes, trying to handle
two problems, faults when capturing user data, and a dead
lock condition when things are going pretty fast on two
interfaces.  The deadlock condition caused me to make
all sockets NON_BLOCKING, and so we could get some
interesting behavior, so do please be patient.

   We did fix the fragment issue so we are making very good
progress!!!!!!  Get the latest at:

ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0/argus-2.0.0A.tar.gz

   For those interested in strong authentication and encryption
for Argus data, I have made some progress on integrated Argus
with CMU's SASL.  If you are daring, try the Makefile.sasl
files in the various directories, and have a try.  It will
at least go through a reasonable authentication cycle before
denying access ;o)

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A
New York, New York  10022