Stats from argus logs

John A. Lauro jlauro at umich.edu
Fri Nov 3 15:39:12 EST 2000

> > Ok, sounds good.  Where do I get Argus 2.0 and ragator?  1.8.1 seems
> > to be the latest on the ftp sites?  Is there a web home page for
> > Argus? Are the log files compatible between 1.8.1 and 2.0?
>
> New features for Argus 2.0 are now frozen.  Bug fixes only from now on.
>
> ftp://qosient.com/dev/argus/argus-2.0/
>
> What is missing is the documentation of ragator's config file (it's
> srl).

Bug report:
Running ra on version 2.0u with -r and -w produces a memory fault.
It might not sound very useful, but...  it works with 1.8.1...

In absence of full documentation, any hints, or sample flow files for
ragator?  For lack of knowing what -F takes as input, I tried using it
with a srl file, and later with a compiled rules file that were make
for use with netramet, and ragator didn't produce any errors, instead
it just seemed to ignore the -F option and produce something similar
to ra.

John Lauro                          email: jlauro at flint.umich.edu
University of Michigan - Flint             jlauro at umich.edu
Information Technology Services
303 E. Kearsley St.                 phone: (810) 762-3123
Flint, MI  48502                      fax: (810) 766-6805