IDS test tools and cool gigether device.

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri May 26 15:21:13 EDT 2000

	A couple of interesting things that I have found out while arranging
for evals of a couple of commercial IDS products. First www.anzen.com under
the "research" page has test tools (traffic and attack generator code) which
looks like a good bet. I'm in the process of buying a test setup (not only
for argus, but it will certainly do that) and will install this stuff on there
and play.

http://ww.anzen.com/research/nidsbench/

	As well when I was asking for a quote on NFR with the future move to
Gigether they pointed me at this lovely box (this harks back to our earlier
discussion about how we IDS a Gigether link on PC class machines). This should
do the trick by splitting the stream in to manageable chunks in 100baseT
ports (assuming of course your traffic mix allows that).