long jumps not supported

Lenny Zeltser lenny at zeltser.com
Fri Jun 2 16:30:19 EDT 2000

Chas and Carter,

Thank you for your replies -- they were very helpful.

Carter's new versions of gencode.h and argus_util.c seem to take care of
the problem. I cannot determine if the patch breaks anything under the
surface because I have not been running Argus for long enough to notice the
difference in behavior. I've been using the new code today without any
problems.

Chas' workaround of using multiple "ra" evocations with split-up versions
of the original filter file works well too, especially for those who do not
wish to incorporate the patch into their Argus distributions.

-- Lenny