Argus-2.0 Clients

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Sun Jul 23 11:00:18 EDT 2000

Hey Peter,
   Running Argus against "standardized" attacks is right
on the money for validation as well as baseline deviation
prediction.  I thought CIDF was going to generate packet
capture files of popular attacks, did this go away?

OK on to specifics:
   Argus is already doing fragment offset calculations
and so adding some logic to report this type of problem
shouldn't be an issue, as long as we can have a set
number of things to look for.

   I'm not sure I follow the VJ compression analogy.
Can you elaborate on that idea?

   I am very interested in looking into using Argus
records to drive your traffic generators, as this was
one of the things on the "wouldn't it be cool"
list for pre Argus-1.5.

Carter