Argus-2.0 Clients

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Tue Jul 18 08:16:27 EDT 2000

Gentle People,
   Its now time to discuss the supported clients that we
want to provide in Argus-2.0.  The current list of clients
is not "well thought out" in that we have a collection of
examples, rather than a concise set of tools that really
solve problems.  It has been this way a little on purpose,
as Argus has always been a proof of concept project, rather
than a solutions style project.  By enumerating the "wish
list" of clients, I believe we can finish the basic
design of the Argus-2.0 server.

   I am interested in moving Argus into the Traffic
Engineering/Quality of Service world, and to that end I
would like to add some simple tools, such as an RTT
(round trip time) tracking tool, and a path processing
tool.

   What types of client modifications, and or new clients
do you want to see in Argus-2.0?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 17A
New York, New York  10022