Argus 2.0 Record Changes

Mark Poepping poepping at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 11 13:47:50 EDT 2000

> >    If it is, "what percentage of the link utilization
> > was contributed by this flow", well now there is a stat
> > we could put into each flow record.  I would do it by noting
> > the total interface packets and bytes at the start of the
> > flow report, and the total interface packets and bytes at
> > the end of the flow report, and dividing the difference
> > into the totals for the flow.
> >

> 	This too would probably be interesting if it isn't to difficult to
> generate. The more data we have the better as far as I'm concerned!

As long as you're doing this, it might be useful to think about
doing statistics on it..  a standard deviation might be useful,
though I'm not sure yet how to think about the difference between
relative use (mine/total) and relative utilization (mine/available),
especially as relates to the effect on the statistics.

amusing at least..
mark.