BSDI compile questions again ;)

Alexander Bochmann bochmann at infra.de
Wed Feb 9 10:20:50 EST 2000

Hi,

with the argus-1.8 sources from ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/argus, I get
the following error:

shlicc2 -O -I. -I../include  -DHAVE_MALLOC_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCCOM_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_SOCKIO_H=1 -DHAVE_STRERROR=1 -DHAVE_SOCKADDR_SA_LEN=1  -c ./addrtoname.c
./addrtoname.c: In function `init_etherarray':
./addrtoname.c:637: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
./addrtoname.c:638: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
./addrtoname.c:639: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [addrtoname.o] Error 1

Unfortunately, I can't really figure out where the problem is.
(shlicc2 is: % shlicc2 -v
             gcc version 2.7.2.1)

Also, although configure seems to set -DHAVE_SYS_SOCKIO_H=1, it is not
used, so that I added to common/argus_util.c:
#if defined(HAVE_SYS_SOCKIO_H)
#include <sys/sockio.h>
#endif

It seems I can't build the argus server, too, but that's not important, as
I only run analysis on the BSDI machine (has lots of disk space ;) ...):

shlicc2 -o ../bin/argus_bpf argus.o argus_cons.o cons_ip.o cons_tcp.o cons_udp.o cons_frag.o cons_icmp.o cons_ether.o cons_fddi.o cons_raw.o cons_sockets.o argus_util.o bpf_dump.o tcp_wrapper.o ../lib/libpcap.a
cons_fddi.o: Undefined symbol _ESRC referenced from text segment
cons_fddi.o: Undefined symbol _EDST referenced from text segment
make[1]: *** [../bin/argus_bpf] Error 1

Any ideas?

(I would use the version I successfully compiled some time ago, but
raconnections segfaults on me there, so I wanted to try a more recent
source...)

Alex.