pid file

Carter Bullard carter at qosient.com
Thu Dec 21 14:09:17 EST 2000

Hey Clauss,
   We have this behavior pretty much implemented in "J".
I have a variable in the .argusrc file to turn on PID file
generation (not on the command line though), although
the current default is to generate the pid file (I can flip
that very easily).  I'll add an ARGUS_PID_DIR= variable,
if its null, we'll use our default pid directory heuristic.

   So, the current implementation looks for /var/run, and if
its not there, it will put the pid file in $ARGUSHOME if
exists or $HOME if not.  Seems I should consider /etc as
the second potential directory?  If I can't create the dir
in /etc, I can go for $ARGUSHOME, then $HOME?

QoSient, LLC
300 E. 56th Street, Suite 18K
New York, New York  10022

carter at qosient.com