latest watcher script <fwd>

Carter Bullard chellyaz at bellatlantic.net
Sun Aug 6 22:08:48 EDT 2000

Sorry for the confusion!
Argus doesn't do the merging, its racompress().
racompress() has some options that allow you to merge
argus records together that have partial flow matches.
This allows you to, say, merge all the TCP connections
going to port 80 from A to B, together.  Since they only
differ by the source port, the source port number needs
to reflect that it is not valid, and a zero port number
is invalid.  This type of merging allows for very good
data reduction.

We are going to emphasize this in Argus-2.0.

Hope this clears things up,

Carter