ra output intrepretation

Carter Bullard cbullard at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Jun 24 18:20:46 EDT 1999

Hey Russell,
   A lone FIN or FIN_ACK should generate an argus
record with the status of CLOSE_WAITING, with
a tcp state of TCPS_CLOSING.  The state reported
by ra() would be "FIN", so from the argi data, I believe
that the scanner was just sending TCP data packets.
You shouldn't have to add anything to detect the
condition you describe.

   Hope this helps,

Carter