[MyAppleMenu] Nov 30, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Nov 30 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Warning: iPhoto Won't Know If You Change A Password In OS X ***
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/2014/11/30/iphoto-wont-know-if-you-change-an-online-password-in-os-x/19557563/>
Rob Pegoraro, USA Today

> Will Apple fix this issue? Apple PR couldn't say Wednesday, citing the company being closed for Thanksgiving week. But the slow pace of iPhoto updates and Apple's own product plans suggest it won't.

*** How To Manage Your iCloud Security And Apple Pay Settings From The Web ***
<http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/11/29/how-to-manage-your-icloud-security-and-apple-pay-settings-from-the-web>
Stephen Robles, AppleInsider

*** 'I Feel Lost In Hong Kong': Why Travel Writer Paul Theroux Finds The City 'Impenetrable' ***
<http://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/article/1649901/stranger-fiction>
Fionnuala McHugh, South China Morning Post

> "I feel lost in Hong Kong. I don't know how you'd write about it, it's impenetrable. There's so much of it … I don't mean writing about the restaurants and hotels, I mean about the city itself. You'd have to live here to do that."

*** Board Games Are Back, And Boston’s A Player ***
<http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/2014/11/26/board-games-are-back-and-boston-player/tMzvNNO1BlGo8J598Q3PZI/story.html>
Ethan Gilsdorf, The Boston Globe

> It turns out plenty of people still play board games. Not only grade-schoolers and nerds, but average folk who partake at home, in game cafes, and at massive conventions. Feeding their appetite is a new wave of board, card, dice, and so-called Eurogames (also known as designer games, they originated in Europe and emphasize strategy, not luck). Quirky, challenging, and innovative, with themes ranging from pirates to pandemics to power brokers, their chunky boxes and metal tins are emblazoned with names like Small World, Eldritch Horror, Sushi Go!, Iota, and Cards Against Humanity.

*** Can Mushrooms Treat Depression? ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/30/opinion/sunday/can-mushrooms-treat-depression.html?_r=1&referrer=>
Eugenia Bone, New York Times

> The fact that under the influence of psilocybin the brain temporarily behaves in a new way may be medically significant in treating psychological disorders like depression. “When suffering depression, people get stuck in a spiral of negative thoughts and cannot get out of it,” Dr. Expert said. “One can imagine that breaking any pattern that prevents a ‘proper’ functioning of the brain can be helpful.” Think of it as tripping a breaker or rebooting your computer.

*** How Not To Get Away With Murder ***
<http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2014/december/how-not-to-get-away-with-murder?single=1>
Michael J. Mooney, D Magazine