[MyAppleMenu] Nov 22, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Nov 22 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Popular Numbers-tracking App Numerous Updated With Universal Support For iPad ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/11/popular-numbers-tracking-app-numerous-updated-with-universal-support-for-ipad>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** AirParrot 2 Launches: Introduces Chromecast Support And Bluetooth Discovery ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/11/21/airparrot-2-launches-introduces-chromecast-support-and-bluetoot/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Erica Sadun, TUAW

*** How To Batch Rename Files In OS X 10.10 Yosemite ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/15253?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> This isn’t the sort of feature that most of us will need every day, but it’s important to remember that it exists for those times when you want to avoid the tedious task of renaming a slew of files according to a simple pattern.

*** Call Recorder For FaceTime Also Records Handoff Relay Calls ***
<http://www.imore.com/call-recorder-facetime-also-records-handoff-phone-relay-calls>
Cuong H Nguyen, iMore

> Ecamm's Call Recorder for FaceTime is a Mac app that does what its name implies. The Mac OS X application records both sides of your FaceTime video calls so you can preserve your FaceTime memories. An added benefit with Call Recorder for FaceTime is that it can also handle recording for phone relay calls.

*** The iPhone 6'S A8 Chip Can Play 4K Video ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/11/21/exclusive-the-iphone-6s-a8-chip-can-play-4k-video/?ncid=rss_truncated>
John-Michael Bond, TUAW

*** Access The Two Different Mini-Players In iTunes 12 ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2014/11/21/use-mini-player-itunes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+osxdaily+%28OS+X+Daily%29>
OS X Daily

> If you’d rather your iTunes player take up less screen real estate, iTunes has two alternative player appearance options available, the album cover player, and the popular mini player.

*** Apple $450 Million E-book Settlement Gets Final Court Approval ***
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/21/us-apple-ebooks-idUSKCN0J528V20141121?irpc=932>
Nate Raymond, Reuters

> During a hearing in Manhattan, U.S. District Judge Denise Cote approved what she called a "highly unusual" accord. It calls for Apple to pay $400 million to as many as 23 million consumers if the company is unsuccessful in appealing a ruling that found it liable for antitrust violations.
> While the deal was unusual, Cote said she understood why the plaintiffs decided to go with it, given delay tactics by Apple.

*** What I Discovered By Visiting Every Disney Park ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/travel/what-i-discovered-by-visiting-every-disney-park.html?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Brooks Barnes, New York Times

> What motivates men and women (usually traveling without children) to spend their time and money this way? It can’t just be that they really, really love Pirates of the Caribbean and the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. What kind of person, having already ridden Space Mountain a few dozen times in Florida, flies to Paris and spends an afternoon riding Space Mountain? Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Deranged.
> Or so I thought. Confession: Having visited all 13 parks, I am now a full-fledged member of this obsessive Mickey Mouse Club.

*** The Real Roots Of Midlife Crisis ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/12/the-real-roots-of-midlife-crisis/382235/?single_page=true&utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email>
Jonathan Rauch, The Atlantic

> What a growing body of research reveals about the biology of human happiness—and how to navigate the (temporary) slump in middle age.

*** Stephen King’s ‘Revival’ ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/23/books/review/stephen-kings-revival.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Danielle Trussoninov, New York Times