[MyAppleMenu] Nov 17, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Nov 17 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Apple Now Accepting UnionPay As Payment Option For App Store Customers In China ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/17/apple-unionpay-app-store-china/>
Richard Padilla, MacRumors

> Established in 2002, UnionPay is the most popular payment card company in China with over 4.5 billion cards issued. With today's announcement, users can simply link their UnionPay debit or credit card for easy purchases.

*** Mac Gems: Package-tracking App Deliveries Breaks Free Of The Dashboard ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2848247/mac-gems-package-tracking-app-deliveries-breaks-free-of-the-dashboard.html#tk.rss_all>
Jason Cipriani, Macworld

> The additional methods for adding packages to your Deliveries account, combined with the Today widget for quick access has made Deliveries an invaluable app to me. I send and receive countless packages on a weekly basis, and to be honest, it’d drive me mad if I had to manually keep track of each one using the UPS or FedEx site.

*** Apple Informing Some Retina iMac Orders Of ‘Unexpected Delays’, Shipments Pushed Back Ahead Of Holidays ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/17/apple-retina-imac-orders-unexpected-delays-shipments-pushed-back/>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

> New orders for Apple’s recently launched 27-inch Retina iMac aren’t the only ones seeing delayed shipment times as Apple has just started informing some customers of unexpected delays for orders placed as long ago as last month.

*** How To Create And Use Multiple iTunes Libraries On A Single Computer ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-to-create-switch-itunes-libraries-mac-pc>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> Just because you share a Mac at home doesn't mean you want to share an iTunes library. Maybe you and your significant other don't have the same taste in music, TV, or movies. Maybe you want to keep all the kids' stuff out of your carefully curated classics. Sure, you can create different logins for your Mac, but if all you want is separate iTunes libraries, it's easy to do, and easy to switch between them any time you want. Here's how!

*** Why Podcasts Are Suddenly “Back” ***
<http://www.marco.org/2014/11/16/why-podcasts-are-suddenly-back>
Marco Arment

> The money and raw numbers have finally gotten investors to pay attention, and investors have a lot of press influence. But podcasts have never exploded and have never died. The truth is that they’ve grown boringly and steadily for almost a decade, and will likely continue to do so. And that’s great!

*** Heyday Automatic Journal ***
<http://www.loopinsight.com/2014/11/16/heyday-automatic-journal/?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+(The+Loop)&utm_content=FeedBurner>
Shawn King, The Loop

*** The Programmer’s Price ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/11/24/programmers-price>
Lizzie Widdicombe, New Yorker

> Want to hire a coding superstar? Call the agent.

*** Let’s All Be A Lot Less Honest: Lena Dunham, Naked Selfies, And The Irony Of Oversharing ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/11/16/lets_all_be_a_lot_less_honest_lena_dunham_naked_selfies_and_the_irony_of_oversharing/>
R. Jay Magill Jr., Salon