[MyAppleMenu] Nov 13, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Nov 13 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Google Updates YouTube For iOS With New Music Section ***
<http://www.macstories.net/ios/google-updates-youtube-for-ios-with-new-music-section/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Following the announcement of YouTube Music Key earlier today, Google updated its official YouTube app for iOS with a new Music tab in preparation for the service's beta rollout next week.

*** This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things: One Star Reviews Flood 'Monument Valley' Following Paid Expansion Release ***
<http://toucharcade.com/2014/11/12/one-star-reviews-flood-monument-valley-following-paid-expansion-release/>
Eli Hodapp, Touch Arcade

> It seems like the hive mind of the App Store is continually pushing developers in to this unrealistic corner of demanding absolutely everything but not being willing to pay anything.

If you enjoyed the game and the expansion pack, go and leave a 5-star review.

*** Microsoft Open Sources .NET, Takes It To Linux And OS X ***
<http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/11/microsoft-open-sources-net-takes-it-to-linux-and-os-x/>
Peter Bright, Ars Technica

> With this release, Microsoft wants to make sure that the .NET stack is fully functional and production quality on both Linux and OS X. The company is working with the Mono community to make sure that this platform is "enterprise-ready."

*** Edit Autofill Information In Safari For Mac OS X ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2014/11/12/edit-autofill-info-safari-mac-os-x/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+osxdaily+%28OS+X+Daily%29>
OS X Daily

*** Why Read New Books? ***
<http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2014/nov/11/why-read-new-books/>
Tim Parks, The New York Review Of Books

> “Into thirty centuries born,” Edwin Muir began his most celebrated poem, “At home in them all but the very last.” Much is said about escapism in narrative and fiction. But perhaps the greatest escapism of all is to take refuge in the domesticity of the past, the home that history and literature become, avoiding the one moment of time in which we are not at home, yet have to live: the present.

*** What It Takes To Be The French Jennifer Lawrence ***
<https://medium.com/matter/what-it-takes-to-be-the-french-jennifer-lawrence-9177abe68534>
Mac McClelland, Medium