[MyAppleMenu] May 28, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed May 28 18:59:01 EDT 2014

*** 10 Indispensable iPhone Apps For Windows Users ***
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/2158948/10-indispensable-iphone-apps-for-windows-users.html>
Tony Bradley, PCWorld

> If you’re one of the two out of three Windows users who also own Apple products, you may not realize you can use the traditionally adversarial platforms to get a productivity edge. Microsoft made waves when it launched Office Mobile for iPhone and the Office for iPad apps, but those were just the biggest steps in a strategy the company has been building for awhile. As a result, there are a slew of iPhone apps to help those who depend on Microsoft tools to get things done. Here are the 10 most essential.

*** A Great iPad Air Keyboard With A Few New Angles ***
<http://www.cnet.com/products/logitech-ultrathin-keyboard-cover-for-ipad-air-2014/>
Scott Stein, CNET

> The newest Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover adds flexible angle adjustment and a row of dedicated iOS shortcut keys, but keeps the same great typing experience and key layout.

*** VoxxBoxx (For iPhone) ***
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2458388,00.asp>
Max Eddy, PC Magazine

> With this iPhone app, you can tune in to eight-second audio clips uploaded anonymously from other VoxxBoxx users. It's a really provactive and stirring idea, but it's held back by a dated, wonky design.

*** How To Capture Movies Of Your iOS Device's Screen ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2183924/how-to-capture-movies-of-your-ios-devices-screen.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** File A Bug ***
<http://bitsplitting.org/2014/05/27/file-a-bug/>
Daniel Jalkut, Bitsplitting.org

> If we developers want Apple’s platforms to work as well as they can, the sad and short truth of the matter is we have to report bugs. If you’ve only reported 15 bugs over 6 years, as Marco has, I’m afraid to say that you haven’t done enough. To stand a statistical chance of either helping the cause or of being gratified by a personalized response, you’ll have to step it up, grin and bear the frustration and continue to press “Build and Run” on the Apple Bug Reporter and see what comes out the other end.

*** AirPlay Troubleshooting: How To Fix The AirPlay Device Is Not Available Errors In Mac OS X ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-fix-airplay-device-is-not-available-errors-in-mac-os-x-3521826/>
Lou Hattersley, Macworld UK

*** File A Bug ***
<http://www.marco.org/2014/05/27/file-a-bug>
Marco Arment

> But actions speak louder than words, and Apple’s actions tell a different story to the vast majority of developers who actually bother filing bugs.

*** iCloud Not Compromised In Apple ID Attack: Apple ***
<http://www.zdnet.com/icloud-not-compromised-in-apple-id-attack-apple-7000029914/>
Chris Duckett, ZDNet

> "Apple takes security very seriously and iCloud was not compromised during this incident. Impacted users should change their Apple ID password as soon as possible and avoid using the same user name and password for multiple services. Any users who need additional help can contact AppleCare or visit their local Apple Retail Store."

*** iOS Ransom Hack Spreading To US ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/05/27/ios-ransom-hack-spreading-to-us/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

> While initially users from Australia and New Zealand were affected, several people from the US have also seen their devices locked with the same message, suggesting the attack may affect others until Apple is able to get a handle on it, or until users properly secure their iCloud accounts.

*** Apple To Live Stream ‘Exciting’ WWDC Keynote For Everyone To Watch ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/27/apple-to-live-stream-exciting-wwdc-keynote-to-macs-ios-devices-and-apple-tv/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Fix About This Mac Not Showing Proper Disk Space ***
<http://www.macissues.com/2014/05/27/fix-about-this-mac-not-showing-proper-disk-space/>
Topher Kessler, MacIssues

*** Brunch, From Sleepy To Showoff ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/28/dining/from-sleepy-to-showoff.html?ref=dining>
Melissa Clark, New York Times

> Lately, brunch has become the trend among some of New York City’s most creative chefs, with nary a mimosa or plate of eggs Benedict.

*** How The West Embraced Chairman Mao’s Little Red Book ***
<http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2014/05/how-west-embraced-chairman-mao-s-little-red-book>
John Gray, New Statesman