[MyAppleMenu] May 26, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon May 26 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple, Google, Others Agree To $324.5 Million Settlement In Wage Case ***
<http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-fi-tn-apple-google-conspiracy-20140523-story.html>
Robert Faturechi, Los Angeles Times

> Apple, Google and other tech giants accused of artificially suppressing wages by conspiring not to poach each other's talent have agreed to settle a lawsuit filed by their employees for $324.5 million.

*** Alternatives To Garageband For Mac | Eight Musical Options Compared To Garageband ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/eight-alternatives-garageband-for-mac-3521553/>
Martyn Casserly, Macworld UK

> Gargeband is one of the best free-programs available on the Mac. It can record entire albums with a friendly and intuitive interface. But if you want something a little different, or more powerful, then here are the best alternatives to the Apple offering.

*** Alternatives To Pages | Pages Compared To Other Mac Word Procesors ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/alternatives-pages-3521569/>
Cliff Joseph, Macworld UK

> Pages may be free with your Mac, but it's not the only word processor. Here we look at some of the best alternatives.

*** How To Set A Default To Address In Mavericks' Mail ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2158621/how-to-set-a-default-to-address-in-mavericks-mail.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** No Time To Text? Say It With Stickers ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/26/technology/no-time-to-text-apps-turn-to-stickers.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes>
Hiroko Tabuchi, New York Times

> Such start-ups are no longer just competing for users and their time. They are also racing to define how a younger generation — one that has increasingly moved away from traditional text messaging, as well as Facebook and Twitter — will message on the go.

*** Latest ‘Your Verse’ Campaigns Highlight iPad Usage For Orchestras, Traveling Writers ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/25/latest-your-verse-campaigns-highlight-ipad-usage-for-orchestras-traveling-writers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Without Com<i>pun</i>ction ***
<http://www.theparisreview.org/blog/2014/05/20/without-compunction/>
Ted Trautman, The Paris Review