[MyAppleMenu] May 23, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri May 23 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Review: Apple's CarPlay Headed in Right Direction ***
<http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/review-apples-carplay-headed-direction-23825556>
Michael Liedtke, Associated Press

> The key to CarPlay's success may hinge on Siri, the iPhone's digital personal assistant. Apple has been striving to make Siri smarter and more versatile, an endeavor that CarPlay figures to put to the test.

*** OmniFocus 2 For Mac From A Reminders User’s Perspective ***
<http://www.macstories.net/stories/omnifocus-2-for-mac-from-a-reminders-users-perspective/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> OmniFocus is a professional project management tool that's not meant for people like me who are fine with Reminders. While the new app does make things easier, there's still friction caused by longstanding limitations (lack of sharing, complicated settings for views and perspectives). I don't need to switch from Reminders and Fantastical to OmniFocus, but that's just me.

*** Review: Omnifocus 2 For Mac ***
<http://www.512pixels.net/blog/2014/5/review-omnifocus-2-for-mac?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+(The+Loop)&utm_content=FeedBurner>
512 Pixels

> It doesn't bring a long list of new features, but it does its job reliably and easily. It's hard to ask for much more from a tool I depend on daily.

*** Popular Marijuana Game Gets Pulled By Apple ***
<http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/popular-marijuana-game-gets-censored-apple-157888>
Garett Sloane, Adweek

> The developer, Manitoba Games, had been riding high in the app charts at No. 1, but today Weed Firm vanished. The game doesn’t seem to be especially scandalous considering the rest of the video game industry, but Apple does often censor content.

*** Medium For iOS Gets Supersized As It Goes Universal For iPad ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/05/medium-for-ios-gets-supersized-as-it-goes-universal-for-ipad>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Apple Releases iAd Producer 4.2 With Full-screen iPhone Banner Support ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/22/apple-releases-iad-producer-4-2-with-full-screen-iphone-banner-support/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

*** OmniFocus 2 For Mac Brings A Fresh Look To GTD ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14774?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

*** Kathryn Schulz On The Harmonious Contradictions Of Geoff Dyer ***
<http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/book-review-another-great-day-at-sea.html>
Kathryn Schulz, Vulture